Hello Miss S, My Best Friend Ever

Monday, October 18, 2010

Assalamualaikum And Good Day People..

My best friend since I don't know when, Miss S, came by and annoyed me by her existence yesterday noon. Well, Miss S is my Senggugut. Miss S pay her monthly visit yesterday but the pain is unbearable. I am now suffering back pain and not to whine about it but IT's killing me. There were times that every time Miss S came, I shooshed her with a pain killer, Ponstan. But I've stop that habit few months ago. I'm really not that keen with the idea of popping pain killer every time Miss S come. The idea of having a bunch of Ponstan was because of my toothache not for my Miss S but the problem is having to lay my hands on those pills are unstoppable. 

Source
Now, the Ponstans were thrown away so it is up to me how to endure the pain. Every time Miss S came, I can't walk. My legs are wobbly and shaking (maybe due to lack of energy) so sekarang nak pergi toilet pun malas. I am suppose to meet my SV this morning tapi siapa larat. Nak kejar bas lagi, nak menapak lagi, nak tunggu lagi. Let me just tonggeng ke lompat ke or whatever I could think of just to get the pain away from me. 

Some Facts about Ponstan

Ponstan capsules contain the active ingredient mefenamic acid, which is a type of medicine called a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). NSAIDs are used to relieve pain and inflammation. 

Mefenamic acid is also useful for heavy and painful menstrual periods, in addition to its general painkilling properties. This is because this type of pain is caused by the production of prostaglandins.

Side effects
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
  • Disturbances of the gut such as indigestion, diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain
  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Drowsiness
  • Skin rashes
  • Visual disturbances
  • Retention of water in the body tissues (fluid retention), resulting in swelling (oedema)
  • Awareness of your heartbeat (palpitations)
  • Ulceration of the stomach or intestines
  • Bleeding from the stomach or intestines
  • Inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis)
  • Allergic reactions such as severe skin rashes, swelling of the lips, tongue and throat (angioedema) or narrowing of the airways (bronchospasm)
  • Kidney, liver or blood disorders 

From My Personal Experience

I really don't suffer any side effect yet maybe because I don't use that much of Ponstan but I realized that lepas guna Ponstan, my skin starts to keluar red small dots rash-like kinda thing. It wasn't that obvious but I can still see those tiny small red dots as if I took my red ball pen and start to do fullstops all over my body. 

But seriously, Ponstan really help me through my Miss S monthly visits but somehow it got to stop. I don't want to suffer more in my future just because I have low tolerance in Miss S annoying yet irrtitating monthly visits. So now I rely on my hot water bottle (not so helpful)..*sobs*..

That is all I have to ramble..

0 Kisah Mengisah: